About six months ago, I rescued a spathiphyllum that someone had thrown onto the street. It was straggly but showed no signs on disease (unlike the ficus I recently rescued that turned out to be covered with mealy bug) and I repotted it, adding some soil I’d reserved from a plant that died (bad idea), and put the newcomer in indirect light in my bedroom. I removed the browned leaves, and it quickly became a happy plant, growing lots of new leaves and even blooming for me to show its gratitude.
Whenever I went to water it, I noticed some white fungus on the top of the soil and scraped it off. The plant was growing happily, so I didn’t fret. Two days ago I spotted 1 large and 3 small mushrooms growing in the soil! I’m not planning to eat them, but what a kick to have mushrooms growing in my bedroom.