I created these irresistible, chewy cookies for the new Nature’s Path Gluten-Free Crunchy Vanilla Sunrise Cereal. They offer the delicate sweetness of anti-oxidant blueberries and a bonus of sunflower seed crunch. They vanish fast and freeze well, so you might want to double the recipe.
Makes 18 2 1/2-inch cookies
- 2 1/4 c. Nature’s Path Crunchy Vanilla Sunrise Cereal
- 1/2 c. packed light brown sugar
- 2 tbs. cornstarch
- 1 tbs. tapioca flour
- 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. ground cardamom (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 c. (4 oz) butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1/3 c. dried blueberries
- 1/3 c. raw sunflower seeds
- Set rack in middle of oven and preheat to 375F. Line a large cookie sheet with baking parchment.
- Place cereal in bowl of food processor and grind to a medium-fine flour. Add sugar, cornstarch, tapioca flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, cardamom (if using), and salt. Pulse a few times to combine.
- In a liquid measuring cup, beat egg. Blend in butter. With motor of processor running, pour egg-butter mixture through feed tube into flour, and process just until combined. Transfer batter to a bowl and stir in blueberries and sunflower seeds.
- Shape heaping tablespoons of dough into balls. (If dough is sticky, chill for 30 minutes before shaping.) Set balls 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet and press down gently with fingers to flatten slightly.
- Bake until lightly browned around edges, 9 to 10 minutes. Slide parchment paper onto cooling rack.
- When cookies are room temperature, gently peel off parchment. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months.