Here’s a recipe for fetching, quick-and-easy, grilled panini using Nature’s Path frozen GF wholegrain waffles as a substitute for bread.
Serve the panini with mesclun tossed in a balsamic vinaigrette for lunch or a light supper.
This recipe can easily be doubled to serve 4.
Look for more GF recipes on the Nature’s Path website.
Makes 2 sandwiches
- 2 slices smoked or fresh mozzarella
- 2 Nature’s Path Frozen GF Mesa Sunrise or Home Style Waffles
- 4 to 6 strips oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tsp. homemade or storebought pesto
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Place a slice of mozzarella on each waffle. Spread pesto on cheese and set tomatoes pieces on top. Add 2nd slice of mozzarella and set second waffle on top.
- Heat a large, heavy skillet and brush with oil. Set sandwiches in skillet and set a heavy pot on top or press down with a spatula. Cook uncovered over medium heat until bottom is golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Carefully flip over and continue to cook and press down until second side is browned and cheese is melted. Slice in half, if you wish. Serve immediately.